Thursday, December 25, 2008

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!

Goodness. Christmas is just about the happiest few days of the year but, at the same time, it is time for it to be done when it is.... I'm SO TIRED! But I thoroughly enjoyed my first Christmas back in America! I'm really glad that I got to spend such a special time of year with so many friends and family.

The fun all started in the happiest place on Earth... no not Disney World but HUNANS! I went with my mommy and the whole Aunt Kim/Uncle Brent gang to get some AMAZING Chinese food. I'd also like to point out that Julian passed the Hunans approval test. Some of my friends decided that if he didn't like Hunans then he wasn't good enough for me!!! haha. That, of course, was all spectacular. Then.... I raided Aunt Kim's fondue. That was also spectacular!

A short while afterr that, as if I hadn't eated enough food already, we had a big Christmas Eve dinner with my Papa and the gang here. There were a LOT of people here but it was great to be with friends and family. John Boy brought his new little girlfriend. That was funny. After dinner we all played Apples to Apples and we did a little bit of an initiation! It was splendid! I love being an older sister! Julian were also challenged to a game of pool by the youngins.... the beat us. But I'm ok with that. We still won at Apples to Apples.

THEN I stayed the night with my mama. We had some fun talking until too late. We also got to wake up to Christmas morning and some blueberry waffles/pancakes! Those are the first I've had since being back. They might have been my first blueberries too! Basically, fantastic! Oh, and my new favorite quote from A Christmas Story is just after Ralphie fights the jerk and the little brother is under the cupboard.... "Mama, Daddys going to KILL RALPHIE!" I really don't know why that moment in the movie made me laugh so hard but it did. More than once today.

Then to finish off Christmas I spent the whole day either driving to and from Albany, MO or sitting in a little house full of 90-year-olds in Albany, MO. It was actually way fun. The city is not the type that most people know exist but I usually enjoy myself. Plus, old people can be hilarious! For those of you that don't know.... we go to Albany to see Jeri's (my step-mom) parents. They're pretty dang cool. But if you ask Jeri she'll say that they aren't quite 90... but they're pretty darn close!

Now Christmas is almost over. Saddness. But, I'm sufficiently full of gift cards and food so I guess I can call it a day! I just hope that everything I own isn't sticky after eating the cotton candy I got in my stocking.... that would just prove my dad right. I can't have that happen!

I hope everyone had a great Christmas! It is one of my FAVORITE times of year! In case I didn't use enough synonyms for this.... I had a FANTASTIC Christmas!

No comments: